-
June 19th, 2001, 08:34 PM
#1
HB Forum Owner
This is going to be an odd question, since if you're reading this, you are probably having no problems reading the forum...
Terry and Robyn Moore are unable to view the discussion forum from their computers. I'm trying to figure out why.
Is there anyone on here accessing the website on a MAC? If so, what browser and browser version?
We may be switching to a new board if he is not able to access this one.
Webmistress Maida
-
June 19th, 2001, 08:56 PM
#2
Inactive Member
I don't have a MAC, but, if either you or they aren't aware, Hostboard had some problems coinciding with changing to a new server, and it took about a week and a half to get back online. Since then, there have been some problems getting back in the swing of things. I don't know if any of these are responsible for Terry & Robyn not getting through. You might want to go to the Hostboard administration board(if you haven't already) and ask about this. They're good about answering promptly. ----I was WONDERING why Terry hasn't been on for so long. Until they can(I hope) get back on HB, could you ask if they made it through the flood okay? I started a thread, but no response from them.Now I know why.-----Anyway,I hope it doesn't come to leaving Hostboard(this format works best imho), but if worst comes to worst, I'll follow wherever SIP is. Thanks, Maida, I hope this is of any help.
-
June 19th, 2001, 09:26 PM
#3
HB Forum Owner
Thanks, Mibbitmaker...I did look into the Hostboard admin board and haven't found a reasonable response to the problems they've been having....turns out Robyn is not using a MAC, she has a PC, so it's not a platform issue.
Seems to be server/DNS related and this all should have been settled out by now. We're in the process of deciding whether or not to switch boards right now.
It seems silly to have a discussion forum that Terry can't get access to.
Webmistress Maida
-
June 20th, 2001, 12:28 AM
#4
HB Forum Owner
Maida, you may want to give it a few days.
When url's change, as in this case, it sometimes takes awhile for Servers to delete *thier* cache.
First thing to try is deleteing the memory and disk cache on the home computer that is being used.
But unknown to many, the ISP you are using also has a similar cache.
We had this problem when I worked for another website and after a few days it cleared up. I think it can take up to a week sometimes.
Another thing to do would be to email the owner, he may have a idea even tho it is not posted.
-
June 20th, 2001, 12:56 AM
#5
Inactive Member
My opinion is, they should try every last reasonable thing to get things back in order, including what Asis said(I myself don't know much about technical stuff). I fully agree an SIP board needs Terry Moore on it(I assume the flood didn't hit the Moores or Abstract Studios). Leaving HB, in my view, should be a last resort. It is your decision, of course. BTW, I tried to go on the thread about not being able to access HB at Administrative, and I wasn't able to access the thread! Damn irony.>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>It was my 6.0 causing the problems this time. I'm on 5.0, and no problems. I saw the admin. thread, and the Texas Flood thread. Carry on.
[This message has been edited by Mibbitmaker (edited June 19, 2001).]
-
June 20th, 2001, 04:27 AM
#6
HB Forum Owner
I've been scanning the admin boards, and I ran accross someone having a similar problem and they suggested pretty much what AsIs did. I'll hunt up a link for you.
-
June 20th, 2001, 01:31 PM
#7
HB Forum Owner
Another member in Houston (Branflakes) is having the same problem. It most likely is ISP cache related. I am not sure, but I think direct links might work in that case.
Have Terry try
http://www.pwrhouse.com/cgi-bin/foru...rum&number=187
if he hasn't tried a pwrhouse link already.
Basically at the hostboard links, there is a redirect url that sends you to the correct topic at pwrhouse, where the boards moved to.
Sometimes it takes awhile for ISP's to synch them up. So you can get in the back door so to speak by using the direct url.
*If* that works, by clicking links on the board instead of bookmarks he should be able to access all topics.
Also, if you haven't done so already, you might want to change the link from the SIP forum page to this new url so any new people get here more directly as well.
http://www.pwrhouse.com/cgi-bin/foru...rum&number=187
AsIS
-
June 20th, 2001, 03:12 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Maida, for a couple of days last week I couldn't see any of the threads in the forum. I thought they had all been wiped during the transfer. Then I posted, and suddenly they all reappeared. Is that anything like Terry's and Robyn's problem? Maybe they should try posting a new topic and see what happens.
-
June 20th, 2001, 03:51 PM
#9
Jaxom 27
Guest
Not sure what to say, fearless leader. We've had only one instance of a member over on STP who said they were dropping off for being unable to access the Forums...wish I had something to add...if you move, PLEASE let STP come with...we promise to be good! 
------------------
Ponte facto, Caesar transit.
-
June 20th, 2001, 10:19 PM
#10
Inactive Member
I checked admin. before coming here just now. Bran posted a new thread(just her post so far)thanking HB, saying she can access HB again. Whatever they did, it worked for her, at least.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks